Sunday, August 9, 2009

Part 6

We quickly shuffled to our feet, struggling to stand upright. He made sure not to drop me tho. I just tried to not do any movements that would lead us to be in a more awkward position.

We both looked at each other for a few milliseconds perhaps. Our faces flushed with deep pink. Mine did at least. I only took a short glance at his face so i'm not 100% sure.

" Errr....I think we should get going now. I'll send you home, " he said frantically.

" Ye..yea..It is getting kinda late and thanks, "

The ride home was silent. Nothing could break it. Even with the noises all around, that wasn't deafening. No. It was the silence that was the most deafening.

I forced a smile when I had to get out of the car. He smiled an awkward smile. Was there no end to this air of weirdness? I walked towards my door after waving goodbye. After entering, I peered out of my window and caught him laying his head on the wheel with his hands still attached on the wheel too. He seemed like he was groaning. Odd. I let out a hint of giggling.

Another crazy day in the life of Tanya. *sigh*

Back to school again. As i guessed everyone watched my every move like i was some sort of alien, not in the right place. There were, as I expected, people approaching me to show their pity, sympathy and condolences. ' What!? ' Some of these people don't even like me. ' Suck ups ' I thought grudgingly.

Passing by the halls, I felt like a ghost. Hearing everyone but not replying as I did not know how to. Finally, I passed by Catherine. ' Crap! ' i thought. She was talking to Blake. Flirting even. Blake even seemed flattered and falling for every little thing she said and did, as if he was wrapped around her dang finger. He gushed, she fiddled with his hair, and he liked it! Pfftt! Confession of love my foot!

He grinned as I passed by. Catherine's eyes never once losing track of his face. Bronze tousled hair, lean body, a heart of gold ( or so i thought ), star athlete when it came to football. Well, I never saw him as more than a friend. My mind already had too much to bear with the C and A quarrel.

Ugh! How sickening! Oh no! Now Ashley has turned up right infront of me. She seems to be smiling widely tho so I returned my smile.

" Hey, how are you? Where were you yesterday? " Ashley asked as if she were an interrogator.

" Why do you ask? It was nothing serious. Don't worry about it, " I said.

" You were out with Joshua weren't you?! He didn't come to school either! " she shouted out at me.

" Why do you care? Do you have feelings for him? " I asked in a somewhat cold tone.

She blushed deep red. Uh oh! I hit a spot there. She was in love with him or so she thought.

" I'm sorry. I didn't know. It wasn't my fault. He came to pick me up! "

Her face was getting to a state of depression now. Another big mistake I just made. Why can't I just shut up? *sigh*

" I can't believe you! " She screamed.

She then walked away, or should i say stomped away? Why is my world suddenly going in so many wrong directions? Karma? What did I do exactly? I have no idea.

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment