Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another story :)

When a calm breeze suddenly converts into an enormous gust of wind, you know you have to be wary eventhough you may not be able to avoid it. This is what I believe I felt like when-for a split second. I knew I was about to get injured.

As the cool breeze blew my onyx hair, it seemed to sway happily. My stomach fancied a meal that would bring it rapture. My hands worked away at finding the utensils and ingredients needed for the concoction I was about to brew, while some parts of my body remained idle such as my legs.

My stomach expressed its yearning for its desire which tested my patience.

"I'm done cooking! Happy?" I bellowed in my mind.

The rumbling subsided which informed me that it was content. I strained the dish as the bubbling liquid was of no use. I hummed a playful tune which would cause my brother to proclaim that a dying cat would have sounded better.

As I ventured towards the obscurity that was named a sink, it was too late. It happened. Just as the strength of the breeze turned into what I had thought to be a hurricane, I lost my balance and spilled the bubbling liquid on my hand.

Images of my hand distorting flashed into my mind for what had seemed to be an eternity of nightmares. God had slapped me awake and I rushed to save my ever faithful tool by rinsing it with cold water and then placed a cold piece of meat to rest idly on it. After all, my hands have always helped me through pleasant moments such as consuming burgers and unpleasant moments such as when the call of nature arrives.

The stings seemed never-ending but as I was home alone, there was no point in screaming in agony so I committed the inevitable. I...took a nap.
(315 words)

2 comments: